Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I purchase a domain, resolve its IP and use that in VNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbla

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About VNC

Can I purchase a domain name, resolve its IP address and use that in VNC Server (Service mode)?

thanks and regards.

bimbla.

Re: About VNC

Because I have just purchased one for real cheap (Rs. 250/-). If I have a network card installed, even then I will have a fixed ip right?

bimbla.

Oki..so you bought a domain name...

Now you want to use "something.yourdomain.com" to point to your VNC server?

I assume you know our IP address of your VNC server then? And DNS A-record is setup accordingly?

Yes I will do just that . Thank you. I will keep us posted of the results. Are you running any such server?

bimbla.

P.S. I just tried testing it locally...It opens multiple windows of my desktop, until I right click and say stop.

I am on Win XP.

You do not really need a domain name with a fix IP to connect to the VNC server. I have succesfully done VNC or X [not secure though] over dynamic DNS hosts i.e. even over phone lines. The only thing you need is the server properly configure and a way of knowing its IP.

About VNC

I usually use the hostname:desktop_num_of_vnc to connect to vncserver. I also think it has no problem if you can get real IP through DNS server or hosts file...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back