Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Altium Designer - Shorting to Internal Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie101

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating Altium 10 on a small project.

I want to intentionally connect a one pin from a connector to an internal DGND plane (negative plane).

However this pins is from a different net.
I cant add the "short circuit" rule to this net since I only want it to short to DGND at one pin and not at all pins connected to this net.

May I know how to do this?
Alternately is there a way to convert the internal negative plane to a positive plane so I can just add a trace to short it?

Thanks All,
Newbie101

Dear Khanna_Gunjan,

Yes, that is one possible solution which I will use if no other method available.

Does anyone know how to short pins on negative layers in Altium Designer?

Thanks,
Newbie101

Why use negative planes these days?

Dear Marce,

Well, it is the default setting for planes in Altium.
(Note:- I'm not too familiar with using this software)
Is there a way to set a plane layer in Altium to be positive?

I could change the layer to a signal layer and place shapes, but I'm not sure if it the correct way to do this.

Thanks,
Newbie101

There is another method of doing this what you can do is you can manually change the net name of that particular pin from connector to DGND by going to pin's property.
Remember that this done in PCB only so next time when you ECO update from your schematic it will be gone.

Thanks Ricky
Your solution works perfectly!! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back