Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[reflectarray antenna]---> deemed settings in wave port in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

panou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I am trying to simulate one unit cell of the reflectarray element in HFSS, to get the phase-size curve. My question is: when I put a waveguide port or floquet port above the patch, what kind of deemed distance should I use? Should be deemed at the patch surface or at the ground surface?

I think it should be deemed at the patch surface, because when we calculate the required phase for each element, we use the distance from the feed horn to patch surface, but not to the ground. Is my understanding right? Thanks a lot.

Best,
PANOU

OK, seems no reply yet...Now I am using the deemed distance from feed point to the surface of the patch.

Another question about reflectarray: Does anyone know how to check the polarization capibility of the reflectarray? For example, I used one rectangular waveguide as the feed horn (these two are approx the same I think), assuming the TX is H-pol, then how can I see the x-pol performance? Here I am using the CST for the array simulation. Thanks guys!!!

PANOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back