Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bit rate, symbol rate and sampling in LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

thavamaran

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I have a problem in understanding LTE. LTE is the long term evolution 4G technology. The LTE requirement is 100 Mbps with 1.3, 2.5, 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz for 128, 256, 512, 1024, 1536 and 2048 subcarriers.

Each bandwidth corresponds to each number of subcarriers.

My problem here is, it has four types 3 types of modulation schemes, QPSK, 16-QAM and 64-QAM. How can all this 3 modulation schemes carry the same bit rate cause each have different number of bits per symbol.

How does this bit rate work with the bandwidth and subcarriers. Its very complicated.

Say for a normal On-Off keying, if the bit rate 2 Mbps, then the symbol rate is 2Mbps. because its 1 bit per symbol. But QPSK, 16-QAM and 64-QAM carries 2 bit, 4 bit and 6 bit per symbol. How can all this carry the same bit rate?

How does the sampling frequency corresponds to the bit rate?

Say if I want to model define a bit rate if I model this system in Matlab, how can I include the bit rate, what would be the factor or formula I need to include to define a bit rate?

Please someone explain this. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.