Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplitude shift keying

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperror123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

do you all mind to share about amplitude shift keying, especially advantages and disadvantages and the formula that use in ASK

i were trying to search the web and some book from library, it is very less info about that. i hope that can explain the advantages and disadvantages of ASk, formula of ASK and theory of ASK.

thanks a lot if u can share with me, n sorry for weak english language

Amplitude shift keying is a digital keying technique. Lets say you want to transmit a sequence of ones and zeros. If you encounter a 1, you'll transmit a wave of amplitude A. If you want to transmit a 0, you'll transmit a wave of the same frequency but with amplitude B. In many cases, B is generally 0.

s1= A*cos(2*pi*f1*t);

s2= B*cos(2*pi*f1*t);

B can be 0.

The advantage of ASK is its simplicity. You just need an oscillator which you can just turn on and off.

Disadvantage is that , it is vulnerable to distortion.Other signals can easily add up to this.

actually wat is s1, f1 and t?

is f1 = frequency?

s1 is the output wave, f1 is the frequency and t is the time.

sorry about the notation , but i lifted them off a code that i was writing.

A is amplitude 1 and B is amplitude 2.
for example, if a 0 is encountered, i can send a sin wave with amplitude 2V. if its a zero, i can send an amplitude of 2V.

only that 2 formula? is it still have the formula somemore?

yeah, only those two are required. if you want the BER , etc, i'll have to derive and tell you the formulae.

Status
Not open for further replies.