Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase Voltage/Current using transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z4ZABI

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all, I am absolutely new to learn electronics. I have been playing with LED's DC Motors and similar things found in toys during my childhood... but now i want to learn electronics for some basic use.

I was searching to increase the voltage of a 1.5v battery... for example i want to light up an LED with just 1.5v AA battery... so i found it can be done with transistor easily... one thing that is confusing me is "Which transistor should i use and how ? or any transister would work ?"

I have some C945 transistors... is it of some use in my problem.

I can tell you the main function of the transistor.
It can amplify the signal but with the power supply.
generally the output signal can not go beyond the power supply.

It's true that a simple transistor fails to, but combined with a small coil, the assembly described as a ''Joule Thief'', will do the trick. Perhaps this is the idea that left the question.

Okay... I don't understand much about it till now... hope I would in near future... thanx everyone for guidance...

please guide me to learn about Simple, Interesting and easy circuits...(LEDs, Motors, Fans, Speakers etc...) so that I can have some fun with them while learning...

Yup! i did... But i didn't actually understand the coil transformer or similar thing... anyway... i will keep on searching for the solution i found some time ago... and will post here fo help...

Thanh for cooperation

You need only a small ferrite toroid.

ferrite-cores-magnets.jpg
See a picture illustrating how the dots on the circuit symbol for a transformer related to the toroid windings in the joule thief circuit:
toroid.png

energy1.jpg
Make-a-Joule-Thief.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.