Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's relationship btwn "fix clock" with "run route clock, run gate clock" of Magma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_li

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What's relationship btwn "fix clock" with "run route clock, run gate clock" of Magma?

Hi Guy,

I got confused when read Magma Talus man pages, what is the relationship between "fix clock" with "run route clock, run gate clock"? Can they implement together?

Thanks.

Re: What's relationship btwn "fix clock" with "run route clock, run gate clock" of Ma

Hi ,
FIX Clock is a wrapper. It has run route clock and run gate clock with some default options in it.

Regards,
R. Srideepa

Re: What's relationship btwn "fix clock" with "run route clock, run gate clock" of Ma

Hi ,
FIX Clock is a wrapper. It has run route clock and run gate clock with some default options in it.

Regards,
R. Srideepa

I see, many thanks. Which is better or more common use for CTS, wrapper command "fix clock" or manual command "run route clock + run gate clock"?

As a newbie, FIX Clock $m $l -weight skew -effort medium(Or your own selection) is the best . The wrapper has more commands than run gate clock and run route clock. Once you are familiar with Magma, you can go for customizing.

[/COLOR]
As a newbie, FIX Clock $m $l -weight skew -effort medium(Or your own selection) is the best . The wrapper has more commands than run gate clock and run route clock. Once you are familiar with Magma, you can go for customizing.

The Talus on my hands is 1.1.9b, I took a look at log file, in which "fix clock" automatically invokes "run clock tree create" instead to build initial clock tree rather than by using "run route clock", why? In the man docs, I can not find difference between "run clock tree create" with "run route clock".

Chris,

Magma introduced the new command 'run clock create tree' to replace 'run route clock' recently.
Its a different internal algorithm for clock tree building and supports multi-corner CTS. Its effect - less clk tree cells, robust clock tree.
Try it, you may like it. We did.

Thanks,

Chris,

Magma introduced the new command 'run clock create tree' to replace 'run route clock' recently.
Its a different internal algorithm for clock tree building and supports multi-corner CTS. Its effect - less clk tree cells, robust clock tree.
Try it, you may like it. We did.

Thanks,

Exactly, you may also want to try 1.2 build with the K2 flow. Have had some excellent results .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back