Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung Infrared IR protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad25

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My laziness comes up with a great idea for my next project. A remote control gadget to control my home appliances, with my existing SAMSUNG TV remote. I study through the net, with lots of "goggling". I think I should do this with AVR's ICP. But the problem after two days searching I cant find anything about samsung tv remote protocol. There are NEC, RC5 blah blah.... but only one place (i dont remember where:???:) it stated that they use there own protocol. I also get a link of elector magazine(april 2001) from this forum, It was a great help (thanx mate!:grin:). But It was a little bit short. Hope anyone can come with the solution. I just need to the whole protocol.

Regards,
Fahad

Thanx buddy! Great post. Just one complexity. It says it has 36KHz carrier whereas Elektor magazine says it is 38 KHz. Any idea how can I test?

Can't think of any way to test, other than hooking an oscilloscope up to the legs of the IR transmitter LED.
If you prefer not to open your remote, then I guess a scope across a IR detector (a straight 2 pin diode, not a 3 pin demodulator) might do the job, but you would be looking for very small signals.

My guess would be that 36KHz is correct. Maybe Google a few other sites and see what other sources suggest.

I use a 38KHz receiver for 36, 38 and 40KHz signals without noticable problems.
In theory I may be limiting the range by up to half by being 2KHz out, but it never seems to have mattered to me.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.