Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a footprint in PADS2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagiraju123

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

i am new to pads 2005 igot a job were i want to work in pads2005 till now i worked in cadstar &allegro i was facing aproblem to make foot print in pads2005. can i import the cadstar library are allegro library in to pads2005 please help me its urgent for me plssssssssss

regards
Krishnamraju.S

Re: reg footprint making

Can you take a footprint in a PCB and save it to the library in Pads?

If so, try and place them on a new PCB in CADSTAR, export it as an archive then read it into pads?

Might work..

You really need to learn how to make footprints in pads yourself if you are going to be employed to do it.

As for the IPC library of pads footprints - try these pads v9 ones - not sure if they are correct.

**broken link removed**

hi thanks for giving me the replay

i tried it but it was npt opening in pads

Can you take a footprint in a PCB and save it to the library in Pads?

At least on PADS-2007 it is really possible, and I even built an entire library this way.
This feature is avaliable accessing just by mouse right-button click options.

+++

hi thanku its some got help full for me is there any option to cretae the foot print in pads by using foot print wizard so pls help me if there is any option

---------- Post added at 04:58 ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 ----------

hi
thank u for your support is there any option to save from
lp wizard to pads libraries

Sagiraju,

I can advice this task is not complex, however is not too elementar.
At Mentor Graphics instalation folder, there are some usefull documentations ( someones with more than 1.000 pages ) regarding PADS Layout, Router and Schmeatic.

I sugest you take a look there, and having some punctual doubt, you ask here.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back