Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD5293 Digital Potentiometer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

elberlee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Did anyone have the successful experience on the specific digital potentiometer like AD5292 and AD5293 with SPI?

I think I have done everything on the datasheet, but the digital pot did not work at all.

Some one had similar problem which had been solved by changing the idle clock state, but this solution could not solve my problem. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/164603/

Many Thanks,

Elber

Hello! Probably the answer are the same actions i described on the other post related to AD5292
here on the site.
I used for example the spi module of a PIC18F microcontroller, the clock speed I have tested is
up 7.5 Mhz and works fine (Analog declares up 50 Mhz) also if actually I'm using to less than
2 Mhz to reduce EMI.

CLOCK IDLE STATUS=LOW
CLOCK SAMPLE = FALLING EDGE
BE SURE CLOCK=LOW WHEN /SYNC STARTS GOING LOW
SEND COMMAND HEX 1803 to enable wiper or 20TP memory update
AFTER SEND "WRITE WIPER" and this is really actuated

If for example sending "write wiper command" only and then reading back, registers stores the
write wiper value but it is not actuated until enabled by command 18x03, so follow procedure
as described and I think all works.
Let me know if can solve otherwise if using a MICROCHIP uC I can send few assembler instructions I used.

Best Regards

ALDO FERRARO
CONSULTANT
ELDEV ELETTRONICA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back