Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's the difference b/w electrical n electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waqas

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference b w electrical and electronics

Hi,
i am confused, when we call something as electrical or electronics device, what does we mean, what is the difference, and what is the difference b/w electrical engg. and electronics engg.

thanks
waqas

difference electrical and electronics

well, there is no difference as such between the two. but in one way we can say that electrical refers to a general discipline of engineering and electronics is a sub-class of it that deals with semiconductors.

there is no absolute differentiation between the two. and its not such a big of an issue to differentiate between the two

i hope that helps

difference between electrical and electronics

This is an historical difference. In the early days electricity was used for lighting and mechanical movement (solenoids and motors). When active devices such as valves/tubes came along another term (electronics) was invented to differentiate between the two areas that had different practitioners.

diff b/w electronics and electrical

you can think about electrics as circuits which transfer and manipulate energy, whereas electronics are circuits which manipulate signals (information). of course the difference is not that hard, because these two terms come out from hystorical reasons

electrical and electronics difference

I think, in electronics you generaly study about mili,micro and nano amps. but in electrics you study about high current values.

difference b/w electrical and electronics

The easiset way it was explained to me was (and I hope it make sence)

Electricity is where work is done (physical).
examples, motors to operate wheels. Generators to produce power etc...

Electronics is where intelligence is conveyed.
examples Alarm, Radios, TV's Computers etc...

Electricity and Electronics can also be used in same device.
Consider a robot. the motors turn wheels to make it move. But the sensor can tell robot if it hits wall.

Hope this helps.
wa

electrical and electronics devices - difference

Samcheetah is correct. Electronics is a subset of Electrical which also embrasses Communication (including Telecomunication), Electromagnetics, Electric Machines (Motor + Generator), Power Electronics, Digital, DSP, Micro Processor, Microcontrollers, Control, Computer (including languages), ...
Before becoming an Electrical Engineer, you will have to learn some or all of the above. You will want to specialize in one field e.g Control or Communication; then you become a Control Engineer or Communication Engineer. Or you will go even deeper in your field, eg Communcation, to become a Broadband Engineer, Fiber Optic Engineer, ...

The Electrical is so huge and keeps expanding. Electronics is just a tiny sand in the desert.

difference electric and electronic devices

mmmmm i really don't think electrical and electronics are the same, there are a lot of differences and very big ones, for example in electronics you will never hear about vectors of current or voltage.

The difference between this two disciplines is that electric deals with big currents and power and electronics not so much, just deal with little current and littel power as otuzsubat said.

The Electrical is so huge and keeps expanding. Electronics is just a tiny sand in the desert

I totally disagree with this, electronics tiny sand in the desert??? Let's see, u got electronics in communications, in control, bio, dsp, aplications with microcontrollers, but i think those are just tiny ones aren't they???

Come on, electronics is huge, it is so huge that we keep separating many parts of it and still is way huge.

difference bw electrical n electronics

Electronics is steady of electron mechanism (whatever, vacuum tube or semiconductor device) and more on active devices and its application, while in electrical we only steady electricity mechanism (mostly on passive devices) and its applications. And for your information, power electronics involves electronics with electrical in high power electrical system.

difference b/w electric and electronic devices

well the difference b/w electrical and electronics is the operating voltages.
Electrical devices operate on high voltages (eg 220V) whereas Electronic devices operate at smaller voltages.

difference b/w electrical and electronics

let your sense speak for you and you will find the answer...

Samcheatah said that electronics is a subclass of electric circuits... that's not true i think... Electronics are the hyper class sinse they deal with both classic electrical devices (capacitors , coils etc...) and with nonlinear active systems (transistors, diodes etc...). Electronic circuits may contain basic circuitary and more... An electrical circuit is a very simple electronic circuit...

The difference can not be found in voltage and current... you may think electronic circuits as something greater than the RF circuits or your computer. High voltage power transfer systems use electronics (the most common form is thyristors) to manipulate the great currents...

I can say much more on the topic but it wouldn't help. In my opinion you must go with the definition of the two. Electronic circuits use passive, active , linear and nonlinear systems whereas electrical deal only with passive, linear (and nonlinear in a most wide sense) systems (not with active components!!!)

Hope i've helped
CU

difference between electricity and electronics

ramone said:
Electronic circuits use passive, active , linear and nonlinear systems whereas electrical deal only with passive, linear (and nonlinear in a most wide sense) systems (not with active components!!!)

Hope i've helped
CU

This is really the actual technical way the two fields are differentiated.

At user level any electrical engineer is an elctronics engineer but not vice versa 100%. An electrical engineer gets the job of an electronics engineer but an electronics engineer is not accepted in place of an electrical engineer in some areas like power distribution systems for our houases etc. Let me tell you also that you will never have an absolute answer for this, but the right technical difference is as quoted here.

difference b/w electrical and electronic devices

Here is a nice quote from "Bebop to the Boolean Boogie, 2nd Edt." from Page 11

"Apart from the fact that atoms are the basis of life, the universe, and everything as we know it, they are also fundamental to the operation of the components used
in electronic designs. Electricity may be considered to be vast herds of electrons migrating from one place to another, while electronics is the science of controlling these herds: starting them, stopping them, deciding where they can roam, and
determining what they are going to do when they get there."

difference b/w electrical$electronic

Hi,
i am confused, when we call something as electrical or electronics device, what does we mean, what is the difference, and what is the difference b/w electrical engg. and electronics engg.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back