Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface a DSP to Hard Disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGA

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a board based on ADSP-21160.
I need to store a lot of data (about 10 Gigabytes)... I'm thinking to use an hard disk; who can help me to find documentation I need? I don't know how to drive an h.d. (ide or scsi).... Is there a standard interface? Is there a library for PLD devices that can help me?
Thanks in advance.

Check www.t13.org. Here you can find the ATA specs (=IDE).
I have interfaced a IDE disk direcly to a ADSP-21065L, but i don't have the sources anymore :( . All I remember is i used the PIO mode, and for fast speeds the timing was tricky.

Hi

I like to have a shortcut to it .That manuals are too long and boring!!

Is there a simple way to learn IDE interfacing ??

and build a simple file system?
bye

Dear 7rots51,

Try the following link
hxxp://thef-nym.sci.kun.nl/~pieterh/storage.html

Dspnut

Target processor name not importand.

You can find very usuable data at follawing zip.

I think scsi interfacing is easier than ide! Try to find scsi specifications.

USB will be good if disk capacity is small.

Here you will find a lot of documentation on IDE-ATA-ATAPI Interface and if you follow the links in, you will find some project of MP3 player: it is important not for the player itself, but because it is attached to an IDE HDD :wink: . There you will find C and ASM source to do so... (some projects are GPL)

http://www.mp3projects.com/docs.html#ide

Bye ! Sirio.

Here is an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back