Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biasing for current mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkkent

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai, i am now facing a problem on biasing the mos into saturation region.
can anyone help me with it?
The problem is when i bias the NM1 into saturation region, the PM4 will fall back to linear region. And also the other way round...
current mirror.png

thank you...

hai, i am now facing a problem on biasing the mos into saturation region.
can anyone help me with it?
The problem is when i bias the NM1 into saturation region, the PM4 will fall back to linear region. And also the other way round...
View attachment 54377

thank you...

PM4 seems in saturation. NM1 seems on the edge of saturation (137>120 mV). maybe just an adjustment of the W/L ratios is required.

PM4 seems in saturation. NM1 seems on the edge of saturation (137>120 mV). maybe just an adjustment of the W/L ratios is required.

Thnx.
but the problem now is when i change the w and l ratio of the PM4 and NM1, the VDS sat of both will increase too. What I want to do is to decrease the Vth of the PM4. Is there any way to do so?

Thnx.
but the problem now is when i change the w and l ratio of the PM4 and NM1, the VDS sat of both will increase too. What I want to do is to decrease the Vth of the PM4. Is there any way to do so?

To reduce PM4 Vth connect its body to its source to eliminate body effect.

You can try inserting a series resistor from the source side of each N mos. That would be helpful.

thnx...
it was my mistake..
actually i should bias the m4 to linear region and m5 to subthreshold region. anywhere. thnx ya.

There is no m5 in your diagram... but it's good to know you got it to work. May I ask where you found this topology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back