Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb bulk transfer pic18f4550 win7 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnan_merter

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i have been working on a usb interface board with pic18f4550 and perfectly made it work

but i cannot make it run under windows 7,

can anyone tell me where i can find windows 7 driver

i used MCH USB Generic Driver class

thanx

I'm not sure what you mean by MCH USB generic class. I did a bulk USB device for Win98 which I later modified for WinXP and then finally 64-bit Win7. I did it with a cypress part but am now thinking about porting it to the PIC18Fxx. The asm code wasn't that difficult for the in/out endpoints but a little more complex for the control endpoint. The device driver took quite a bit of work to get it signed for Win7 64-bit. If you're just using Win7 32-bit then I think anything that works for WinXP should work fine in Win7 32-bit, but definitely not in the 64-bit version unless you run the system in "Test Mode". When running Win7 64-bit in test mode you can make up a phony signed certificate (it's still official), but when not in test mode it needs to be signed with a certificate issued by a company like Verisign.

Status
Not open for further replies.