Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to understand floquet port in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namecasey

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

My model have one floquet port with TE and TM mode. When I finish work and see S parameter, it's easy to understand s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:1) and s(floquetport1:2,floquetport1:2).
but what s(floquetport1:2,floquetport1:1) and s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:2) means. s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:1) just stands for te mode? both te incident and reflect?
If so, how can I get power reflection parameter? How can I get from S parameter mentioned above?

Thanks.
Casey

If there's something hard to understand, please feel free to let me know.
Your help will be highly appreciate. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

understanding the problem floquet port in HFSS is not measured directly but can use the media parameter settings (s) see and check directly it will be directly visible.

**broken link removed**

Thanks but I am not quite understanding. Would you please explain more directly? thanks.

Hi everyone,

My model have one floquet port with TE and TM mode. When I finish work and see S parameter, it's easy to understand s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:1) and s(floquetport1:2,floquetport1:2).
but what s(floquetport1:2,floquetport1:1) and s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:2) means. s(floquetport1:1,floquetport1:1) just stands for te mode? both te incident and reflect?
If so, how can I get power reflection parameter? How can I get from S parameter mentioned above?

Thanks.
Casey

When you simulate modes in a floquet port, HFSS returns every possible result. Meaning if somehow your device takes TE and turns it into a TM mode, HFSS will account for that in the results.
If your device only functions with a TE mode and the result is a TE mode you would only see a response in S(1:1,1:1) 1 being TE and S(1:2:,1:1) 2 being TM should be zero.

Hope this helped.

When you simulate modes in a floquet port, HFSS returns every possible result. Meaning if somehow your device takes TE and turns it into a TM mode, HFSS will account for that in the results.
If your device only functions with a TE mode and the result is a TE mode you would only see a response in S(1:1,1:1) 1 being TE and S(1:2:,1:1) 2 being TM should be zero.

Hope this helped.

Actually, my model has a large S(1:2:,1:1). I thought it has no meaning to the model, but it seems it stands for the reflected TM component of TE wave. Am I right?
Thanks for your patience.

Here is my understanding of the notation:

FloquetPortX:Z,FloquetPortY:Z means SXY for mode Z.

FloquetPortX:Z,FloquetPortY:W means SXY going from mode Z on the input to mode W on the output.

Can someone confirm this?

v/r

jsc

Here is my understanding of the notation:

FloquetPortX:Z,FloquetPortY:Z means SXY for mode Z.

FloquetPortX:Z,FloquetPortY:W means SXY going from mode Z on the input to mode W on the output.

Can someone confirm this?

v/r

jsc

I don't know whether u have solved ur problem, but actually, ur description is the answer.
Here I take one example
in the simulation only one port exists.
if ur setup in the floquet port is TE00 TM00 TE01 and TM01, 4modes
the result wold be a 4x4 matrix
and (1,1)is S11 for TE00, which means the te00's reflection coefficient, (1,3) is S11 for TE00 and TE01,which means when ur input is TE00, it exciters TE01 mode, and this TE01 get back to the port. Similarily, (3,2) means s11 for TE01 and TM00, which means the reflection of TM00 exicted by the input TE01.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back