Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS and GPRS help for SIM300

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokkul

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a sim300 GSM/GPRS module which is connected to 8051.

I have programs to send SMS and to send data to remote server via GPRS. Both of these work fine separately.

The Problem:
If i send data to server through GPRS first, close connection and then send SMS ,both functions works fine.
But if i send SMS and then connect to GPRS, i get a <IP STATUS> for AT_CIICR.
But AT+CIPSTART returns <TCP/UDP CONNECTING> and stays that way infinitly. I tried the procedure also using putty.​

I need the modem to work normally either way i execute the functions, or is this the way the modem works or am i missing something.

Most of the commands that i have used in my program, i have got from edaboard forum so thanks for all the contributers.:-D:-D

Regards
Gokkul

There are replies in the forum and as i said the functions work separately. But GPRS fails after SMS.

If there are solutions would you be kind enough to point me to them.

first do at+CIPSHUT and then send message and again setup the GPRS command,,, it should work.... because sms does not need GPRS configuration.. SMS can be sent in both GPRS and GSM mode.... but not the other way..

If you send SMS then GPRS is deactivated in these modules and need to run the setup by shutting down all the drivers...........

Do operators in India support SMS over GPRS?

If you send SMS then GPRS is deactivated in these modules and need to run the setup by shutting down all the drivers...........

?? Run Setup by shutting down all driver..... could you elaborate

On continuous operation of my system, i am not able to connect to the server and send data always. My system is designed to send data every 15min, some time connection establishes, sometimes not. is this how GPRS is (connection depends on the network traffic?).

Reliability is what i am concerned of right now?

hi gokkul,

I saw your above post,I am also doing the same project, pls give some guidence about that Do operators in India support SMS over GPRS? and thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back