Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog audio COMPARED

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreasmaster

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are having a project that we are doing internally in our office and we need some help on the programming of this circuit if you can help

I attached the photo of what we need done. Can you help us on how to create the electronic circuit for this? What kind of equipment shall we need? And will we need to program an EEPROM for this? If yes, how can we program it?

If you cannot help but you can guide us to the right direction of anyone who can, any help is appreciated.

Best regards

Attachments

• audioplan.png
    audioplan.png
    39 KB · Views: 65

I don't think this will be an easy project, you want to compare two analog sound sources but even the slightest pitch change or ambient noise in the microphone or audio level will be detected as different sound, even the slightest time difference will trigger the circuit.
This can probably be done in the digital domain but it would need very strong processing using a DSP probably.

The eeprom that you mention is just a storage for digital values, it can't help to compare the different sources, you need an analog circuit mixed with digital sound processing

Alex

Last edited:

I agree about the basic difficulties of compare in this case. You didn't specify the meaning of "IS THE SAME". I fear, you even don't know yourself.

I agree with earlier replies that this appears to be extremely difficult but suffers mainly from the lack of clear a description of what is required.
I think in your attempt to provide a logical overview, you've missed out some important facts. Let me ask some more questions. We maybe don't need answers to all of these but they might help you to define the task more clearly.

What sounds will be picked up by the microphone which are likely to be good matches with the pre-recorded sounds? Mechanical vibration? Birdsong? A short extract of speech? One of many spoken keywords made by one person? One of many spoken keywords spoken by anybody? Vehicle movements? A pre-recorded audio programme (eg a TV advert)? Crying?

What sounds will be picked up by the microphone which are to be disregarded? Mechanical vibration? Wind noise? Distant voices? Human conversation (except keywords)? All human conversation? Barking dogs? Aircraft? Air conditioning? Doors closing? Vehicle movements? Industrial plant operating at certain speeds?

What do you mean by DVD? Do you expect a precise match with a single pre-recorded sequence in its entireity? Do you expect library of different pre-recorded sounds and for a match with any one of them to be tested simultaneously? Are these simple and short tones or long programmes of music and voice?

Would a comparison fail if the microphone's sound was in a slightly different pitch or was accompanied by slightly different reverberation, background noises and room acoustics?

As an alternative approach, have you considered digital audio fingerprinting? This is the method by which on-line music services can identify pre-recorded music using poor mobile phone microphones in noisy environments to match exact pieces of music from vast libraries of commercial music. Its complex, but its been done successfully.

Hope this helps you to define the task a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back