Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clk sync problem for a digital communication system with two seperate parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinXiaoling

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,everyone.
Please see the system showing in figure1.
System background: It’s used in wireless digital repeater including local unit and remote unit. And there are 2 different reference clocks in whole system, so it will cause the system output frequency offset badly if the 2 clocks (e.g. TCXO ) exist large frequency stability.

Phenomenon description: In the lab, signal generator is input into ADC, and through the whole system the signal is output to spectrum analyzer. But the signal is shaking in frequency domain.

My analysis and target: Through some experiments (e.g. increase TCXO temperature, the phenomenon will deteriorate), the phenomenon is confirmed that it’s caused by different clocks. And my target is to get it into normal through DSP realized in FPGA—bring the frequency offset into normal index.
So far, I have tried to search some papers on digital costas loop. In the lab, I found that the loop could be locked in local unit or remote unit separately, but when I connected two parts the loop cann’t be locked.

Question: Is there any other solution to such problem except costas loop, if costas loop is the exact one, could you give me some advice on it?

PS: I am just working on the loop with CW signal, not modulation.

attachement: Figure 1 system used in wireless digital repeater

Attachments

• system used in wireless digital repeater.JPG
    system used in wireless digital repeater.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 135

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back