Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install ubuntu on PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based on your machine configuration (x86-32bit or x64-bit) choose the distribution from the below URL and download the .iso file. Burn the iso file using CD burning software e.g. Nero or something similar.

Boot your PC using the burned CD and follow the instruction to install.

Download | Ubuntu

Regards,
Sameer Dhiman

hi,

I would suggest using the USB creator to create bootable USB and then boot from the USB. Once you boot this way you must be able to try it without installing. Once inside ubuntu, on the desktop, you can also see the option for installing it on to hard drive.

I would suggest that the easiest for you would be to visit Ubuntu Website and there you will find several versions that may be downloaded.

The most current is 10.10

The best for you depends on the recency of your machine.

The newer versions tend to be resource weighted.

I have several versions in use on different machines.

Ubuntu 9.04, though perhaps not the most modern, has great qualities.

All depends on what you want...

When you download and prepare to install the options are given to form Partitions.

You may divide your HDD if you want to keep Windows for instance.

Everything is very easy and straightforward.

Versions of the Ubuntu ISO are available for Apple PPC chips also.

I recommend you dive in without delay...

Try to use WUBI to install UBUNTU in WINDOWS...

U can google WUBI & download the executable...
After extracting it will install automatically by taking a partition of our hard drive...
So, u need not bother about the partioning..

If you have a multi-core cpu and sufficient RAM try running it under Virtual Box which is a free download...I've had good luck running Virtual box with Ubuntu 10.10 installed on a 2.8 GHz dual core with 4 gig of RAM...it's a great way to play with it to see if you like it...if you don't it's easy to remove. I run XP with Virtual Box on 10.10 for those rare times I need windows.
rt

can anybdy tell software is used to practice Vxworks ??
plz

can anybdy tell software is used to practice Vxworks ??
plz

Go to wind river website you can find evaluation version of Windriver WorkBench which is an IDE for VxWorks development, you can find compiler too...

**broken link removed**

hello everyone!

I want to install ubuntu on my vaio laptop.
I tried to install it through CD but it failed.
It stops responding when I select option of "try ubuntu without changing your PC"
I also tried option to install ubuntu through wubi it also shows same problem.

I successfully installed it on my desktop using same CD using wubi.

Is there any special settings or special setup required for laptop?

Check is ubuntu CD you have, supports your laptop processor. or download correct image from website.

Have you tried restarting your laptop in windows then shutting it down normally and restarting in Ubuntu?

Fred

thank you all!

@freddie.jones yes I tried it but it shows the same prolem, it stops responding and then I had to power off my laptop.

@pashok84 I dont know that the disk is supported or not, is there different hardware for 64 bit and 32 bit os?
my laptop has 64 bit windows 7 pre-installed..

I could not install windows xp sp2 on my laptop is there any perticular settings in laptop to install other os?

thank you!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back