Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A help need for PIC project

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackangel512

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every one;
i want to start a graduation project and i need help, my goal is creating a hardware using PIC microcontrollers thats controles a camera in destance.
in details i want that hardware to recive a signal from sinsor wirelessly and send it to a digital camera to tack a pic.
its look similar to TED project but a very smaller idea.
what exactly i need (HD,SW) and where i start from.
thanx alot.

hello every one;
i want to start a graduation project and i need help, my goal is creating a hardware using PIC microcontrollers thats controles a camera in destance.
in details i want that hardware to recive a signal from sinsor wirelessly and send it to a digital camera to tack a pic.
its look similar to TED project but a very smaller idea.
what exactly i need (HD,SW) and where i start from.
thanx alot.

SW you need a MPLAB from MIcrochip ....
it is enough to compile and debug the programs for PIC

it is completely free
and you can download it here ...and lots of tutorial

**broken link removed**

First, you need a powerful microcontroller with at least 256KB of RAM to handle such images.
Second, you need to figure out how you are going to interface your camera to the controller (USB, Serial, SPI... etc.)
Third, if you are talking about this TED Blog | An interview with Pranav Mistry, the genius behind Sixth Sense then, you need to connect to the internet to extract information about the product in the captured image.

Divide you project into sub-projects and, start doing your homework by searching for how to accomplish each task.

Good luck.

Reactions: blooz

blooz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thnx all that was very helpfull...i'll tell u about may progress in this, am sure i will aske alot of qustion later and i hope u can help me more
thnx againe

hello!
first thing connecting the camera with pic maicrocontroller by USB port,now how to read data from camera and save it(pictuers)
then connecting a modem to the pic curcuit, how and how to search the data from camera into the internet?

1- You will need a microcontroller with "Embedded USB Host Controller" to be able to connect your USB camera. Also, you will need to implement a driver for the camera in the controller's firmware.
2- You will need to perform some sort om image processing to extract the information required from the pictures you got.
3- Using a 3G/GPRS module/MODEM, connect to the internet to search for the required information.

Start by connecting the Camera to the controller. In my opinion, this is the most important step.

Good Luck

Reactions: blooz

blooz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i am also in the mid of this stuff but i hv to control usb mass storage with pic for that purpose i hv to use 24F series. hardware which suits me is of 100 pins. i just started my work

If aiming for 100 pin device remember to order 0.5mm pitch version or buy ready MCU soldered to PCB (unless you want to solder 0.4mm pitch component by hand).

I don;t wanna discourage you from doing such project, but if you are a beginner, than maybe this isn;t the best project for you. Interfacing a digital camera to MCU is kind of advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back