Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Simulation completed with execution error on server" in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

apeeet

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When number of tetrahedral cells reache about 70000 there are always two errors:

1) "Daptive solution setup, process hf3d error: Matrix solver exception:file I/O failure."
2) "Simulation completed with execution error on server. Local machine."
I can't get Delta S 0.001, just 0.005. Structure has 90x90x1.5 mm, frequency 2.4 GHz.

My machine has
3.25 Gb RAM, 2.6 Ghz Dual-core CPU, Not-english windows.

This error is to let you know that you exceeded your RAM and avaliable swapping (since you are on 32 bit system, only 3GB accessible) Why are you converging so strongly? Track you quantities per adaptive pass as you likely are oversolving your simulation with such a high convergence

have fun :)

I tried various quantities per adaptive pass and values of lambda refinement.
All the same in various computers.

Have you tried it with the iterative solver? It can reduce the RAM requirement by increasing the computational time...

But I would also suggest not to converge so strongly (delta S = 0.001... I've never had any problems with at least delta S = 0.01)

I am having the same error with a 12000-tets-model
Analyse-Settings are: maxdeltaS=0.005, order=second
Structure has 600x600x600 mm, frequency 300 MHz.
Similar model converges with no problem.
My machine is
3.25 GB RAM, 3.17 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo, English WindowsXP 32Bit SP3
HFSS-Version is 11.0.2

Are you sure, that this is related to memory size?
There is a special out-of-memory errormessage

the "out of memory" error is related to not enough hard disk space to write what is in RAM to the hard drive. The 'I/O' error is due to not enough RAM/swapping to solve.

have fun :)

@tallface65
Are you sure, its not the other way round?
In any case, I have 26 GB of hard disk space and got the I/O error with some models

If you get the I/O error with 26GB of hard disk space, you are likely running a 32bit OS as the maximum memory allotment, swapping or not, is 3GB (assuming OS reserves 1GB). The I/O error is indeed RAM related and the our of disk space error is due to not enough hard disk space to write what is in RAM to hard disk.

Have fun :)

Yes, I'm using WindowsXP 32Bit with Physical Address Extension(PAE) and 3.25GB of installed RAM
Maybe I was not precise enough. My hard disk system partition is 50GB. 26GB of it are free. That should be enough space to save 3GB of RAM content.
Also I think on WindowsXP 32Bit the private address space for each process is limited to 2 GB. This is the reason, why I got the out-of-memory-error when my model size reaches this limit (memory usage reported by HFSS; Right-click on Analysis-Setup -> Profile)

hi i am designing a microstrip antenna for 3.5ghz ... i am getting command as

[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port WavePort2 is assigned to an internal face. Only allowed with lumped ports..
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (10:33 PM Sep 15, 2012)

what can i do please help me friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back