Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert DVB-S to DVB-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

livefornow851

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there. I live in a remote part of New Zealand where reception for DVB-T is difficult to come by and non existent for many people in my area.

It would be nice to be able to tune a TV with built in freeview using a dish (DVB-S) instead of a terrestrial aerial (DVB-T). People want to be able to use their new TV to view freeview rather than use another remote and system.

Has anyone heard of a way to convert between the two platforms? I have had the idea of using an LNB-F that is capable of dropping the frequencies lower than usual to match UHF or VHF frequencies that are able to be tuned in with a DVB-T TV. Ideally I would like to make a box that is capable to converting these frequencies after a standard 10750/13000 LNB-F.

New Zealand uses the MPEG-2 standard for it's DVB-S service as I believe Australia does for it's DVB-T service. My theory says this should work if tuned in with the country setting set to Australia.

I have tried to figure out how to make such a device myself with no such luck on the internet. Any help from anyone who has tried the same thing or has any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.