Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trouble finding a transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnieroo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ive blown a transistor in my clifford alarm, its a 650 intelliguard and upon taking it apart one of the transistors is in half
The code on it is c9012 h-602
does anyone know where to find one
cheers
ric

You haven't given any details of the device, eg package and location in the circuit but have a look at the 2SC9012 and see if that looks correct.

Keith

If it's a TO-92 half round plastic type it will be a 2SC9012 which is a very common general purpose NPN transistor, nearest equivalent is the 2SC945. PN2222 should work OK and is easier to find.

Brian.

Ill try upload a pic of the pcb tomorrow as im not familiar with this board but its on a clifford 650 car alarm

what transister i can use in place of sk100 . can i use bd140

Hi,
You can't use BD140 as SK100 is an NPN transistor but BD140 is a PNP transistor. Tahmid.
SL100 = NPN = BD139 = NPN

SK100 = PNP = BD140 = PNP
May be used in either places. But Pins will differ from SK/SL = EBC from bottom side whereas BD = ECB from front Or BCE when flipped.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back