Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculate Off Capacitance & On Resistance from S-Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite_gbps

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it possible to get these characteristics of a RF Switch if you have the 2-port s-parameters when the switch is open and closed?

If so, can someone provide the equations or link me to them?

Thanks.

Convert {S11,S12,S21,S22} to {Y11,Y12,Y21,Y22}.

Evaluate
Gon=1/real(Y21) or 1/real(Y12)
and Coff=imag(Y21)/(2*pi*freq) or imag(Y12)/(2*pi*freq)

In @DS, there is a tool "spice model generator". It can generate the spice model.

Dumb question .... the Ron is the inverse of Gon ... correct?

Yes, correct.

I figured as much but was just making sure.

Is it possible to get mutual inductance between two coils using 2-port s-parameters? Instead of dividing by 2*pi*f should I multiply? If I'm wrong then what is the proper procedure?

Thanks for the help.

Is it possible to get mutual inductance between two coils using 2-port s-parameters?
There is no reason why we can't evaluate mutual inductance from 2-port S-parameters.

V1=j*omega*L1*I1 + j*omega*M12*I2
V2=j*omega*M21*I1 + j*omega*L2*I2

Z12=j*omega*M12
Z21=j*omega*M21

Instead of dividing by 2*pi*f should I multiply?
I can't understand what on earth you want to mean at all.

Last edited:

I can't understand what on earth you want to do at all.

I was thinking about impedance calculations and inductance. I probably mixed it all up. Forget I said that.

I have two coils that are in close proximity to each other and one port is on one coil and the other port (port 2) is on the other coil. I got 2-port S-parameters. Is there a similar way to calculate the mutual inductance between the two coils using the 2-port s-parameters?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back