Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller based dimmer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagarh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
I have planned to do a project on dimmer cicuit.
Project Requirements:I want to connect four bulbs(each of 60 Watt)to the controller which works on 240Volts AC current.At first, all the four bulbs should be in dim condition .The bulbs should take 3 min to gradually become brighter.Now the bulb should stand about 1 min in brighter condition.Again the bulb should take 3 min to become dim and agin this process shold continue...........I have planned to use 8 bit philiphs controller P89V51RD for this project..........If any body have the source code and circuit please post it as soon as possible........
Thank u with Regards,
Sagar H

Hi Friends, I have planned to do a project on dimmer cicuit. Project Requirements:I want to connect four bulbs(each of 60 Watt)to the controller which works on 240Volts AC current.At first, all the four bulbs should be in dim condition .The bulbs should take 3 min to gradually become brighter.Now the bulb should stand about 1 min in brighter condition.Again the bulb should take 3 min to become dim and agin this process shold continue...........I have planned to use 8 bit philiphs controller P89V51RD for this project..........If any body have the source code and circuit please post it as soon as possible. Thank u with Regards, Sagar H
"Nice to know that "You have Planned" to do a project on dimmer cicuit" Anyways, if the 4 bulbs are connected in parellel, the task can be controlled by a single PIC12F508 or Attiny13 which are 8 pin Micro's both capable of handling more than you expect. You may go ahead with your project and post your doubts in the forum intead expecting someone to give you the complete working project with code. If some one is willing to share his/ her work, is most welcome.
Cheers and good luck
**broken link removed**

Hi,

Take a look to document. it's pic10F200 based dimmer application note with code.

Attachments

• dimmer.rar
    188.1 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: unhappy

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

unhappy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can easily port to pic16f676, change the ports and recompile

Hi friend
If any body have the source code and circuit please post it as soon as possible........
first of all, search this forum with your target.
This edaboard forum contain number of post like your application.
already i have post number of reply for this type of application.

and don't aspect to get ready project for you in silver dish.

Shyam
India

Status
Not open for further replies.