Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How formatted the Hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

free4kirru

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body,

I am using PC with AMD Processor, 500GB hard disk, 2gb Ram, Giga byte mother board

My problem is,

first I used Window XP, Once at booting time ur windows files are missing after I try to format C drive but problem occurred after, I format all drives while install WINDOW-7,
than again ur some windows files are missed, again format my PC at that time hard disk memory 35 gb not showing then my pc given PC service center
he told, format the hard disk through disk manager
then I install the window 7 OS,
after 1 day again PC showing some window files are missed.
I tried install WINDOW XP and hard disk created 5 partitions then problem occurred, system showing hard disk not supported

I think windows 7 OS CD have virus
now how to formatted the hard disk?

Please kindly give ur valuable suggestions

no os cd dosent have any virus//

insert the cd first then go to installation..
select first boot disk cd ROM
then while installing it will ask u to instal the os without formating the disk.if u press ok it will directly install..
go to advance option..there you get delet formate all that option then formate the c drive..u can able to see ur full disk space,,

Regards
Praveen Bhat..

Hi every body,

Yesterday I first installed Linux OS with total one drive after Window 7 os installed and kspersky anti-virus license version installed and updated while system showing hard disk error then system restart but system not booting

Please kindly give me ur valuable suggestions

delete and format all the partitions and this time just create 100 GB for windows 7... dont allocate remaining space you can do it later in disk management and try .....plz post what is the exact error while booting up your computer?? mention that..
i hope this helps you if any issues occur feel free to ask here

Hi ,

Today I had reinstalled Windows 7 OS and again showing

Windows detected a hard disk problem

show details
Because a disk failure will cause you to lose all programs files & documents on the disk. you shuold back up your information immedialtly. Try not use your computer untill have repaired or replaced the hard disk

try this Method

Hard Disk Problem

i personally think that fixing the mbr(master boot record) would solve your issue if the HDD is under warranty then first replace it.. lastly try using disk manager software by the HDD vendor ....

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

i revised your issue and am 95% sure that its definitely your HDD problem, it has gone bad..."quickly Replace it"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.