Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which protocol is used in this IR Remote sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajit4u

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have attached the circuit of the IR remote sensor ,
i want to know which protocol is used ?

Attachments

• IR schematic.JPG
    IR schematic.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 108

i THINK IT IS tsop PACKAGE ir RECEIVER. IT IS DIRECTLY INTERFACED TO CONTROLLER PORT PIN. It does not use any protocol.

There are protocols like rc5 used in TV, remote control IR for devices

Reactions: ajit4u

ajit4u

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i THINK IT IS tsop PACKAGE ir RECEIVER. IT IS DIRECTLY INTERFACED TO CONTROLLER PORT PIN. It does not use any protocol.

There are protocols like rc5 used in TV, remote control IR for devices
then how can i write the program? how to read the IR remote code?

You have to understand the difference between the interface and the protocol. The interface is the IR receiver to the microcontroller and only carries binary data. The protocol is the construction of the binary data that lets it carry useful information, in this case the commands.

The schematic you show can use any protocol, it is up to the software to recognize what arrives at the microcontroller pin. The only way to discover the data format is to use an oscilloscope or even better, a logic analyzer. You should be able to identify the part of the data which is constant (the device address) and the part which is different for each key you press (the command). The position of the bits will help you discover the protocol being used.

Brian.

ajit4u

TSOP is used for data transfer when we do pc to pc data transfer using IR. This does not use any protocol. i have already implemented it in pc to pc data transfer. It cannot be used as nornal IR where it is used with transmitter in some projects to count something or do something when IR is cut. These normal IR cannot be used to transfer data between tx and receiver. only TSOP package is used. it uses protocol only when used in a remote control. nowhere else

ajit4u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back