Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Display Numbers on LCD Mikroc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir4awan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using MikroC compiler and PIC16F877. I have tried almost all C compilers but I found Mikroc to be the best compiler.
My question is it is very simple to display characters on LCD but I want to display numbers or integer to be displayed on LCD.
for example

int x;
x = 25
lcd_out(1,1,x);

note that this is not actual program it is just for example.

I tried this code:
void main() {

char txt[4];
int t;
t=255;
ByteToStr(t, txt);
LCD_Out(1,1,txt);

but the problem is that when value of t is bigger than 255 the no resets to 0.
I also tried long int t but nothing happened. and when I type long char txt[4] it is giving error.

try
WordToStr(t, txt);

IntToStr(t, txt); for bigger

Raj you really helped me thanks. Don't mind it if I ask you last two questions.
What is purpose of no in square brackets txt[4] what I learned in C it is an array. Why not it is simply char txt
second below is my program code and output is in image. Can you tell me why there are spaces in second row of LCD.

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

void main() {

char txt[6];
int t;
t=255;
ByteToStr(t, txt);
delay_ms(500);
LCD_Out(1,1,txt);

t = 256;
wordToStr(t, txt);
delay_ms(500);
LCD_out(2,1,txt);

}

1. functions like IntToStr() and WordToStr() convert numbers into strings so to store that string, you need to declare a string first which, in C, is an array of characters.
2. These functions convert numbers into a string of fixed length and add spaces to the left if the number is small. you can get rid of those spaces using Ltrim()
try
Lcd_Out(2, 1, Ltrim(txt));

---------- Post added at 23:31 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

if you have any confusions about the Library functions of mikroC, just double click the function name in the library manager. it will show you the detailed documentation of that function.

Status
Not open for further replies.