Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC interface with temperature sensor LM35

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljljlj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some enquiries about the assign of the PIN as my output.
Code:
 setup_adc_ports(PIN_A0); 
        set_adc_channel(0);
At first, I set PIN A0 as my output;however, I can't obtain the correct temperature I wanted.
But when I put like this
Code:
 setup_adc_ports(PIN_A1); 
        set_adc_channel(1);
I am able to obtain the correct result.

Therefore, I try the remaining two pins A2 and A3. Unfortunately, both of the pins also didn't give me the correct result I wanted.

May I know why?
I have check my hardware there is no problem.So, I think is the code giving me the problem.

P.S: I am using CCS compiler.:wink:

Hi,

May i know it is allow to use only 1 of the Port A pin (channel 0 to read the adc), then the remaining Port A pins to control my motor?

Problem Encountered:

when i only use PIN_A0 interface with the output of LM35, my LCD show me valid temperature result. (29 Celcius or 61 Resolution number.)

But when i enable my motor control pins that also use in Port A, then the temperature result become not correct. I wonder why this could happen

following is my setup:

Code:
   set_tris_A(1) ;                 //only pin_a0 to be an input 
   output_A(0) ;                  //set all pins to 0 value by default 
   setup_adc(ADC_CLOCK_INTERNAL); //use internal clock 
   setup_adc_ports(0xE);          //use only pin_a0 as analog input 
   set_adc_channel(0);            //set pin_a0 as adc channel

Anyone can point out my setup problem?

Thanks,

sysysy

Hi,

May i know it is allow to use only 1 of the Port A pin (channel 0 to read the adc), then the remaining Port A pins to control my motor?

Problem Encountered:

when i only use PIN_A0 interface with the output of LM35, my LCD show me valid temperature result. (29 Celcius or 61 Resolution number.)

But when i enable my motor control pins that also use in Port A, then the temperature result become not correct. I wonder why this could happen

following is my setup:

Code:
   set_tris_A(1) ;                 //only pin_a0 to be an input 
   output_A(0) ;                  //set all pins to 0 value by default 
   setup_adc(ADC_CLOCK_INTERNAL); //use internal clock 
   setup_adc_ports(0xE);          //use only pin_a0 as analog input 
   set_adc_channel(0);            //set pin_a0 as adc channel

Anyone can point out my setup problem?

Thanks,

sysysy

i suggest u to use another port that available..when use port a as analog mood, it cant be digital at the same time..

Thanks for the reply.

I suspect some noise affect the result when share the same port since 10mV is enough give 1 Celcius.

Status
Not open for further replies.