Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Which BJT n-p-n transistor is most commonly used in amplifier circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zia.newversion

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to model an amplifier circuit in Multisim and there's a huge list of transistors that I can use. I can only use BJT NPN transistors... Does anyone have any idea what transistor is most commonly used? I know it varies from application to application, but just for a beginner level, like an electronics lab in a school, which transistor would satisfy almost all basic needs?
I am sure after a little consideration, the list can be brought down to 2,3 transistors...

Thanks for replying... Actually I was trying to solve a problem, but wasn't getting the desired output. I thought maybe using a more general purpose transistor, the problem would be solved. But the problem still persists... I guess I shall have to create anothe thread for that... Thanks a lot, my knowledge is definitely a little more than before I posted this thread. :)

Hi,
If u can explain the problem u r facing,may be we can help u.

Hiya back... The problem has been solved. I used BC107 however I think it can be solved with any other transistor because I later found out that the problem did not lie with transistor model but biasing instead. Here is the link to the thread I created later. It contains the problem and progressive solution. :) Cheers
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/194369/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back