Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

avr309 usb to uart protocal converter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhattaroshan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I have made usb to uart converter. Every thing is working fine about the device.But, the problem is i have 6 usb port in my computer.Out of these ports, i inserted my device in one of the ports of my computer and installed the driver. Now, my device works only in that port. If i connect my device to any other port device is not recognized.
And one thing, all the ports are working fine.I tested all the port by inserting other devices and it's working fine. Anyone, please, help me to solve my problem.

You have to install diver for each and every port you want to use the device. It is not the problem with the device hardware or software, It is due to the windows OS you are using.

thanks for the reply....
i tried to install driver for other ports my computer restarts automatically.What do i have to do in that case?

i have already mentioned above. computer restarts when i install the driver for more than one port.

It its purely device driver problem when multiple installation is done.
If you have other module like that test it with that. if not use any USB device and test all ports detect and work.
This is a rare problem, not that it does not occur, it occurs if the driver is copied from 1 cd to other or from cd to pendrive, if the copying is not proper, then this problem comes. try with the original cd. it will work
I had this problem with a bluetooth dongle 3 yrs back. i installed with original cd instead of copying the cd content to harddisk and installing.

I am still confused about this device(avr309: usb to uart converter).How is this different from other devices. I mean, when i install other device's driver through one port it works with all the ports. But, why do we have to install this device's driver to each port to recognize it through them individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.