Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS v13 - has it been released yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpsmith123

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know if HFSS v13 has been released yet? (Supposedly v13 includes a new time domain solver).

I believe the time domain solver might be an add on.

I'm not sure what you mean by an "add on". By "included", I meant available in this release as a separately licensed feature (just like the various solvers in CST Studio Suite are).

I suppose I should have worded it differently.

In any case, have they started shipping it yet?

And does anyone know if it will simulate switched charged conductors?

time domain solver might be an add on.
transient solution is а new type of solutions, like eigenmode or driven terminal.
As I see, the most significant difference with the older version are new solution type, multithreaded post processing and of course ruler in the bottom of workspace. :)
Also I noticed long time loading of v12 projects with many solved data inside.

Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know if v13 can directly simulate a switched charged conductor, e.g., the switching of a blumlein pulser?

- HFSS v13 is now available for download from the ANSYS website. You need to log in through the customer portal to get to the Ansoft download area.
- V13 has a transient solver as an additional licensed feature.
- The user is able to specify a variety of sources including Gaussian pulse, broadband pulse, and user-defined voltage. This last excitation can be any arbitrary time,voltage pairs imported into the solver. This, I would assume, would give you the ability to simulate a blumlein pulser.

Hello jpsmith123!

There is a one hour webinar upcomming at 8-Dec this year for HFSS 13 with the title:
Transient FEM Solvers and Hybrid FE/IE Methods; New Breakthrough Technologies in HFSS 13.0

Can be regesiterted to this event via MW Journal site.

The new and first ever method of FEM using Transient schem solving with DGTD (Discontinuos Glarkin Time Domain method).

Have fun!

IH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back