Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help USB charging port

Status
Not open for further replies.

lekahj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been browsing google looking for mods done to a dewalt work radio dc011.
I want to install a usb charging port and I don't know how I might wire it in.
I know the battery is a 18v and usb needs 5v, but don't quite know if it would work.
:?:

They'll undoubtedly make that a feature on the next model. There is only one output available on the exterior of the unit as made, the battery charge port. You wouldn't want to try using that since it has a charge regulator dedicated to 7.2V to 18V packs.

If it were mine and I wanted to make such a modification, I'd be looking at the internal circuitry to see if there's a 5 volt or more regulated DC generated for the radio or display. If so, I might try to use that to power something like the guts out of one of these: 2-port USB Car Charger Adapter | Overstock.com.

You probably know that any attempt will void your warranty and may result in a non-working unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back