Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD 4X40 with Two enable Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragrance

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need CG ram OR Dram address for row1 row 2 row 3 and row 4 colud some one help me with this

regards
Fragrance

Do you have the full model # of the LCD ? Who makes it ?

The 40x4 LCD is just like two 20x4 LCDs put side by side with two separate HD44780 controllers. While there may be varients depending on manufacturer, What I would do is the use the two controllers independently as 20x4 and see what goes where. It should not be difficult to find out.

i am new to lcd's ,i am at the first year of electrical engineerng
is it posible to introduce some sites to me for getting infomation
hank you

Do not start a new topic within a topic!!!
If you have a question start a new thread instead!!!
/davorin

techie said:
The 40x4 LCD is just like two 20x4 LCDs put side by side with two separate HD44780 controllers. While there may be varients depending on manufacturer, What I would do is the use the two controllers independently as 20x4 and see what goes where. It should not be difficult to find out.

hi

i have found the data sheet for my display i just want to know what will the cgram address for the line 1 and 2,3 ,4 if some one help with this
i know it has two controller one releated to e1 and other with e2

The addresses for cgram are usually 8 - 5x8dots from address 0 of the cgram, selected by register.
Are you sure you do not mean ddram, which would be:
line 1 (0x00) Chip Select 1
line 2 (0x40) Chip Select 1
line 3 (0x00) Chip Select 2
line 4 (0x40) Chip Select 2

Sorry if I do not understand your question.

Regards
NTFreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back