Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help For PCB Layer Stack Up '''

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_pcb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Can anybody pls tell, What is the effect of Unbalanced Layer stack up ? or sometimes it is required to unbalance the Core or prepage thickness for some Desing requirements?
And what is the difference if We use Core in center or we use Prepage in center .because somedody told me that we shuld use like

Top Layer
CORE
Signal 1
Prepage
Signal 2
CORE
Bottom layer

it there any difference if we replace core and Prepage ?

Thanks in Advance

This will help,
https://pcbtalk.com/data/upload/Designing_Balanced_PCBs.pdf
I never use unbalanced lay-ups and never had, to much risk of bow and twist.
Foil build is more common these days, and stack up depends on signal speeds, impedance matching etc etc, if none of these factors are critical both methods will work. Talk to your supplier and pick the best cost/quality option for your design.
Marc

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi All ,
Pls Help ,as i saw one Stack up ,of 1.5 GHz and the layer stack up is

Top Layer
CORE (Rogers) 422 uM
MId Layer 1
Prepage
MID layer2
CORE (FR4) 508 uM
BOttom layer

Here it is working Card and u will find Different Materail in Top and Bottom ,and Different Thickness .
PLS tell is it right ,unbalanced Layer stack up.

Thanks

If your are working at those sort of frequencies, I would work closely with a PCB manufacturer so that you can get a controlled impedence build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back