Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface uln 2003 with at89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravipratap

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I' m making a line follower using at89s52 and now i'm facing difficulty in interfacing
uln 2003 with motor and microcontrollers. When i connects the power supply to uln2003 it start heating up. does it true that l293d works better with PIC and AVR microcontroller rather than at89s52.

I' m making a line follower using at89s52 and now i'm facing difficulty in interfacing
uln 2003 with motor and microcontrollers. When i connects the power supply to uln2003 it start heating up. does it true that l293d works better with PIC and AVR microcontroller rather than at89s52.
You connect the power supply to common (pin9) and not to OUTPUTs. The loads would have battery on one side and other side connects to the output pin of ULN2003. Also across the motor winding there would be a 1N4007 diode, in the reverse. Specific details of various modes are indicated on page 4 of the ST datasheet for ULN2003.
All the best

i feel there is no point in allowing the back emf of the coil to reach the diode inside the chip for bypass
If I were to do, i shall definitely have fast acting diodes (like Fast recovery types) close to coil pins.

The heat generated is directly proportinal to the load you apply. You never mentioned what or which motor you are driving with ULN2003 or its consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.