Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem creating symbols in OrCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbss

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using (and new to) OrCAD 16.3.

I have created several symbols (Capture only -- no footprints yet) without any issues. However, now, whenever I create a part, some of the pins are "unconnectable". I.e., I have a 10 pin component, represented as a rectangle with 5 pins on the left and 5 pins on the right. All pins are "Passive," either "line" or "short" type. Everything looks good in the symbol editor. However, when I place the component in my schematic, I am unable to connect wires to the pins on the right side of the component. I have tried deleting this component from the library and redrawing it a number of times, but can't make it work.

On a related (?) note, one of the times I redid the part, ALL of the pins (not just the ones on the right side of the component) were "unconnectable" -- this time, they seemed to be on a different grid spacing than the rest of the schematic. All the earlier times, the grid spacing was the same as the rest of the schematic -- the program just would not allow me to connect wires to the pins.

I am unsure if I have one or two problems. Any input and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

How are you adding the pins ? I mean.. when you get an array of 10 pins, place 5 on left and 5 on right... the pins that you are placing on the right side of the rectangle need to be rotated 180 degree, or flipped horizontal so that the connecting point (red dot) of the pin will be outside the symbol. Else the connectivity will not happen in schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back