Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unity gain Frequency(ft) and Max oscillator frequency(Fmax) simulation of a MOSFET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanthmk

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Unity gain Frequency(ft) and Max oscillator frequency(Fmax) simulation of a MOSFET in HSPICE.
I biased the circuit in saturation region and applied input current with a frequency sweep. But the current gain seems to decrease instead of increasing.

My netlist is a follows:
*Tranisitor
M1 OUT IN 0 0 CMOSN L=0.12u W=1.5u
L IN DCinp 10

*setup sources at drain and gate
Vcc OUT 0 DC 1
Vin DCinp 0 DC 1
Iin IN 0 AC 1

* AC Sweep
.OP
.AC DEC 5 10Meg 100G
.PLOT I(Vin) I(Vcc)
.OPTION POST
.LIB "/home/doust/srikanth/ibmModel/ibm_013um_model.txt" CMOS_MODELS

What do you mean? It must decrease, not increase, and you are looking for the value it becomes unity.

Sorry I misquoted my question, The current gain was increasing instead of decreasing ( which is not intuitive).
True, as mentioned by you the I need extract frequency when current again is 1.
Could please give feedback on my netlist?

Unity gain Frequency(ft) and Max oscillator frequency(Fmax) simulation of a MOSFET in HSPICE.
I biased the circuit in saturation region and applied input current with a frequency sweep. But the current gain seems to decrease instead of increasing.

The terms "oscillator frequency", "input current" as well as "current gain" sound a bit confusing while speaking about a MOSFET.
(What is the oscillator frequency of a MOSFET?).
Why do you use an inductor L as input element?

are you sure that's the way to simulate fT?

Status
Not open for further replies.