Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working with schematic buses in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsey87

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
G'day,

I'm a bit of newbie when it comes to PCB design etc and I am currently drawing a schematic for the board i need to design.

I have a 32 bit port which I need to in several places of my schematic (i.e. 8 bits in one place, 12 bits in another etc). Looking at:

Altium Wiki:/display/ADOH/Schematic+Bus+Entry
Altium Wiki:/display/ADOH/Schematic+Bus

I can't find out / get my head around, how the bus entry connects which enter the bus on one side are distributed on the other side of the bus.

For example & further clarity:

I have 32 pins, which via a schematic bus entry are connected to a schematic bus. This bus is then fed into a schematic port and on the other side of this port, I want to split this bus and take bits 7 down to 0 and route them to a buffer or the output of a ADC...

Thanks in advance for any help given!

Cheers, Mike.

Bus entry and bus symbols are purely graphical presentations of the bus on the schematic for easier following. Net label on the wire is actual instruction to Al*tium where is each wire connected. Port is used to connect individual signals or buses to higher/lower hierarchy schematics. Open tutorials and reference designs within Alt*ium to get better understanding of schematic drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back