Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

client-server-router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleborg

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I start from describing my home network setup. I have a PC and two laptops at home all connected to internet by wireless router. Recently i started playing a bit wit java networking. I made a little client-server program that allows me to communicate between PC an a laptop. So so far so good.
The problem started when I try to connect to the server from outside. When i tried to connect with my PC fron my friends house but it didn't work. And I'm not sure why not. When i checked my IP on whatsmyip.com the IP nummber it gave my was different from the IP I have in my PC's internet settings. whatmyip.com tells me also that all computers at home have the same IP. So i presume it actually is IP of the router.
So my question would how can i connect with my PC from the outside of the LAN.

Thanks in advance

Looking into these might help,Have you forwarded/enabled port listening from your router for your specific host?
Did you use NAT-Virtual Servers,Port Triggering? or whats your Incoming IP Filtering Setup-possibly block? the best place that you can find most of your answers, is FAQ of Homeserver softwares ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back