Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is meant by S-G-S and S-G-S-G-S ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafflekid

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It has something to do with the way a device is measured.

Do you mean G-S-G and G-S-G-S-G?

This desribes the pads where you touch down the wafer prober. G stands for ground and S stands for signal. So G-S-G is a normal coplanar port (one signal with ground on both sides) and G-S-G-S-G are two signals, with one ground pad between them and ground pads on the sides.

snafflekid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I guess Volker already explained very well. Just to add few more sentences and example to make it further.

Signal-Ground-Signal (SGS) is for types of coplanar probes used in especially high frequency chips&wafers to measure characteristics. GSGSG is double channel version.

You can take a look for further & better explanation (than mine :))

**broken link removed**

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-3662168/RF-coplanar-probe-basics.html

snafflekid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you both. So it must be important to make a detailed distinction about the order of ground and signal probes? I am trying to learn about de-embedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back