Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me what does this mean in HFSS result ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurama

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
WavePort1:1 PortZo (184.38 ,0.00214)?
Gamma (43.072 ,90 ) ?

what does 184.38 mean ?
what does 0.00214 mean ?
what does 43.072 mean ?
what does 90 mean ?

I am begnner of HFSS ,can any one tell me about that ?Thanks a lot .

Perhaps a better way to ask your question is:

1) What is Zo -> This is the characteristic impedance of a mode in your port cross section. You currently have it set to display the magnitude and phase (this is not usually intuitive, so it is best if you change to re and im by changing the drop down)

2) What is Gamma -> This is the complex propagation constant of a particular mode in the port cross section. The real part is the attenuation constant in Nepers/meter and the imaginary part is the propagation term in rad/meter.

3) What is Lambda -> This is the "effective" wavelength of the mode in the port cross section which of course is going to be directly related to the "effective" Epsilon in the next column. This is simply due to the fact that each mode has its own unique spectral impedance (unless of course it is a degenerate mode in a symmetric cross section ;) )

Hope this Helps :)

thanks a lot .this is helpful to me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back