Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM1085 constant current regulator not working. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac12345

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I tried to wire up the lm1085-adj, as below, as a constant current source(230mA) for charging a battery pack of NiMH cells. Unfortunately, its not working for some reason and I cant seem to figure it out. I think I'm missing something very simple. Please help.

Re: LM1085 constant current regulator not working. Please he

The output of the circuit is on the ADJ pin and not on the OUT pin. So, just move the battery to the ADJ pin. The current will be I = 1.25/R

isaac12345

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

It worked!! Thanks a ton!
That was quite odd because I thought , like the LM317T, I would need to connect the battery pack to the output pin.

Is it mentioned somewhere in the datasheet?

isaac12345 said:
That was quite odd because I thought , like the LM317T, I would need to connect the battery pack to the output pin.

With the LM317 the load should also be connected to the ADJ pin, not the OUT pin.

See the diagram at the bottom of page 21:

www.national.com/ds/LM/LM117.pdf

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.