Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic symbol to footprint in OrCAD Capture and PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezell

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have expirence in Eagle and I just started using OrCAD. I'm trying to use a diode in a SOT-23 package. In this case the package has 3 pins but the schematic symbol only has 2. When I try to place the diode on the board I get an error: "E- (SPMHGE-82): Pin numbers do not match between symbol and component. Run dev_check "

I don't know how to run a dev_check, anyone know how to do that? Anyone know how to fix this problem

Thanks,
-J

In Orcad you could edit the schematic symbol to add additional pin. In this case you could make the pin length zero so it will not be seen in capture. Or could simply add a 3rd pin that will be seen in capture. But, capture will ask if you want to change only this part or all parts. I would make sure to only change selected part. If you wanted to use this new part in other locations you could use copy and paste.
Also, make sure pin names and pin numbers match exactly between pcb part and schematic symbol.

Eda

Thank you, that helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back