Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab to Cadence (Spectre V5) Signal Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

e.fisher

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I have a pulse train created by a model in Matlab. It is saves as an ASCII file of hex time values delimited by carriage returns (I can change the delimiter and data type very easily).

I have a Verilog-A model that is expecting a leading edge unit pulse in order to cause a p-n junction breakdown event.

The ASCII file therefore describes the positions (in time) of each pulse (consistent duration of 50ps). The pulse is used simply to start an analogue event described by the Verilog-A model.

The Matlab code is creating a pulse train with Poisson statistical variation and a complicated modulation as an input, hence I can't implement it easily in cadence.

I need to get my Matlab output signal into the cadence environment.
The university is running Spectre v5.14 which I have already been told may be a problem in terms of file I/O support.

Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, work around or can point me in the right direction. File input into Simulink is rather easy, just need to link my model with the Cadence Analog Environment.

Thanks.
Ed (Edinburgh University, UK)

In the C@dence ADE Spectre simulation schematic use the vpwlf source from the analogLib as stimulus. This PWL (piece-wise linear) voltage source takes its input from a file. You'll find its format
time0 voltage0
time1 voltage1
....... ...........
in several topics here in this forum, if you search for "vpwlf".

Thanks very much.
I'll take a look at that block once the university is able to sort the cadence install out.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back