Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PT100 with PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbizzarow

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear ALL,

i need a cisuit PT100 temparture sensor using pic ADC. your help will be highly appricated

Regards

thx IanP

any one here to share practically used circuit ?

Here is a nice example of a compensated, opamp-based circuit that interfaces the PT100 to a microcontroller ..
**broken link removed**
It's based on MAXIM opamp, but I can't find any reason why it wouldn't work with any other rail-to-rail device ..

Here is another one: "A precision interface for a Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)"
**broken link removed**
Again, you are not obligated to use the specifically indicated opamp .. any rail-to-rail will do ..

IanP
:D

Reactions: DrWhoF

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Can I use 741 Op amp with the circuit shown here

What changes should I make to the circuit?????

Can I use 741 Op amp with the circuit shown here

What changes should I make to the circuit?????

This circuit [pt100-precision-interface...] is designed to work as an instrumentation amplifier, and some of opamps’ inputs work with voltages very close to 0V/GND. For that one needs a rail-to-rail opamp.
The LM741 has a minimum supply voltage, which from the top of my head is somewhere around +/-6V, that makes 12V single voltage configuration.
If you want to connect output of [pt100-precision-interface...] to a microcontroller it has to be supplied of a single 0-5V power source. In this instance the LM741 is completely useless.
Google for a rail-to-rail in/out opamp that is meant to work with single supply rail ...
:wink:
IanP

OK. I used the same OP AMP as mentioned in the circuit. It is working fine. I want to know the exact o/p it gives / degree centigrade rise in temperature. including the increase in RTD resistance with increase in Temperature.

How much does the resistance of rtd pt100 increase / degree C.

what is the formula to be used with the above circuit for calibration???????????

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Also I want to know the value of C1 @ this link

Is it 1F or 1uF?

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Here is a nice example of a compensated, opamp-based circuit that interfaces the PT100 to a microcontroller ..
**broken link removed**
It's based on MAXIM opamp, but I can't find any reason why it wouldn't work with any other rail-to-rail device ..

Here is another one: "A precision interface for a Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)"
**broken link removed**
Again, you are not obligated to use the specifically indicated opamp .. any rail-to-rail will do ..

IanP
:D

What is the o/p mV/Degree C of the above circuit?

The o/p of the circuit is not linear. What is its o/p formula?

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

What is the equation for the circuit

The o/p is not linear.

The circuit shown here is giving an o/p of 0.01V @ 850 Degree C.

I am getting wrong value. Please help me with the circuit. Tell me how to get the rtd pt100 resistance and temperature from Vo.

@internetuser2k11 - How did you get the actual temperature value from Vo? Did you build a look up table? Where to find a look table for PT100 RTD - from the manufacturer?

Reactions: tiamon

tiamon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.