Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with DC current measurement in a circuit with current sensor ACS712

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.waqas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to interface hall effect current sensor ACS712 which can measure both AC&DC currents to a PIC microcontroller.The sensor is working fine in pure dc path e.g from a solar panel to battery.but when i measure dc current between a UPS and a battery its value fluctuates too much.But when i measure dc current in same path using multimeter it does not fluctuates.
Now if i have problem in PIC A\D then why it is working in pure dc path.
Datasheet of this sensor says that it gives 2.5 to 5 volt in one direction of current and gives 0 to 2.5 in opposite direction so it can measure both AC&DC.

Current sensor help

Hi,
At the PIC ADC input pins, place a 1k resistor between the pin and the signal and a 100nF capacitor from the pin to ground. This may help you. I've faced situations where the resistor and capacitor maybe required for a stable reading.
And also make sure the PIC is well decoupled.
Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.