Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase the gain-BW of a two-stage op-amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreyassamraksh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,,,,,,,,can anybody help me in increasing the gain-BW of an op-amp,and also gain.......

Do i want to use any other configuaration added to two-stage opamp......

Plz Help me out....

I don't know if this will work right, but according to my deduction, it seems like this:

Av1 = gm1*ro1; Av2 = gm2*ro2, first pole is about: 1/(ro1*gm2*ro2*Cc)

gm1, gm2 is the first and second stage transconductance
ro1, ro2 is the first and second stage output resistance
Cc is the miller compensation capacitance

So GBW is about Av1*Av2*pole1~gm1/Cc
that is increase the first stage transconductance and reduce the miller compensation

For the gain, you should make gm1*ro1*gm2*ro2 to be very large. And because gm1 is proportional to sqrt(I1), ro1 is proportional to 1/I1, and same as gm2 and ro2. Finally, you have to make 1/[lamda1*lamda2*sqrt(I1*I2)] large。

lamda is the channel modulation coefficient of mos transistor. Larger length of MOS has smaller lamda.

At the end, it's your tradeoff between all the parameters.

I think generally it is very hard to construct a two stage opamp with large bandwidth comparing with other structures.

Alvays

pole-splitting compensation/Miller compensation & right-half-plane zero cancellation always used at design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back