Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid state tesla coil project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Solid state tesla coil

High of secondary winding is 45cm, diameter of the pipe is 9cm so you can easily calculate that frequency of that coil is about 100KHz
Primary winding consist 12 windings of cupper wire with 4mm square
Wire for secondary winding is DNE 0,18mm2. winding process is much easier if you can make a winding machine.
First tries with sstc was failed. Firstly I used wrong core at GDT. Core was TN29/19-3E25. After echange for TN25/15/10 was much better.
I made my sstc without any oscilloscope.
Summary I have broken about 5 pairs of mosfets. Next to rectification bridge there are two electrolytic condensers with capacity 220 uF each, and 400voltages. Thorus I made with fire-side pipe. Endings of the pipe connected by glue. Previously I had to worm up those pipe up to 500*C using gas burner. Semi bridge needs 1,5A – 2A. Device is powered by separing transformer. Voltage of if is controlles by regulator that is based on BT series track.
Principle of work you can find at google.
Driver needs 0,6A. I used those drivers : tc 4421 and tc4422. first of those two, had burned twice, I don’t know the reason for that. Circles for stand I made from particle board – I have taken them from some cupboard. When I was painting secondary winding, old layers of lacquer made a spiders net.
Original text you can find at: https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1585296.html
https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1585296.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.