Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there a free software which convert Dxf to Gerber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassim1

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dxf to Grber

Hello,
is there a free software which convert Dxf to gerber and vice versa......
thank you in advance,
N

HI,
you can use PADs free version for it. you have to import DXF file. then have to save your project and the have to generate gerber.
You can try this method to other software also but I am not sure except PADs.

Hi spidyelectronics,

I did not find free pads software, pls, could you give the link?
Also,
when i tried to export one line with two vias in gerber format, the schematic is not the same as done in ADS layout, i.e, it added two pas related to vias.
in attached the layout, when it exported to gerver and the warning message.
i wanna let you know that i verified the fractional digits in gerber and in layout but the same message appears when i tried to export the line including two vias.

Thank you in advance

i download pads software Nov.2009 but it could not read my dxf since my ADS layout is newer than pads software so i do know which software is convenient !!!

here, the site including
dxf to gerber conversion

Added after 11 seconds:

line can not be transferred to Gerber.
Theoretically line will not have a width.

This is the problem, because gerber is generated by specific line width called resolution of the plotter.

so instead line, use trace whose width is same as resolution of the plotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back